Saturday, February 20, 2010


Today 20 February,is the Memorial of Blessed Jacinta Marto-Youngest visionary of Our Lady of Fatima in Portugal in 1917. Beatified on 9 April 2000 by Pope John Paul II
Canonization pending. Patronage of bodily ills,captives, people ridiculed for their piety,prisoners,sick people and sickness.

MY BEST FRIEND GROWING UP...WAS CALLED JACINTA.EVERY DAY AT 1245 ALL THE NEIGHBOURHOOD KIDLETS WOULD GATHER AT HER HOME FOR RECITATION OF THE ROSARY, LED BY HER MOTHER,A PIOUS WOMAN NAMED THERESA.SHE HAD A GREAT DEVOTION TO OUR LADY OF FATIMA.I FEEL AS IF I CAN REACH OUT AND TOUCH THOSE MOMENTS.

1 comment:

  1. That is an amazing story, Bryn! I'm so sorry to hear of your husbands emergency, but am so glad that he is all right. I will keep you and him in my prayers! Just wondering, do you think that white would be a better color for your font? The red is really hard for my OLD eyes ... but ONLY if you think you need to change it. Just a comment. Sending you lots of love, wishing you peace, and praying for good health and comfort.

    Love,
    Abbey

    ReplyDelete