Monday, March 22, 2010

TODAY IS THE ANNIVERSARY OF BOTH MY GRANDFATHERS' DEATHS...

JOSEPH HAWRYLAK (1971) AND
HAROLD LEBOUTHILLIER (1988)

REST IN PEACE.I PRAY FOR YOU BOTH EVERY DAY.

HAVE MERCY ON THEIR SOULS, O LORD, AND GRANT TO THEM ETERNAL REST.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FROM TODAY'S HOMILY AT ST. BASIL'S CHURCH IN TORONTO,CANADA...

WHAT IF GOD WROTE IN TONIGHT'S SKY..."I AM THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD"...USING THE STARS TO DOT HIS I'S AND THE COMETS TO CROSS HIS T'S...

WHAT WOULD PEOPLE SAY...

"OH,IF ONLY I HAD KNOWN...I WOULD HAVE LIVED LIFE DIFFERENTLY...

CHURCHES WOULD BE PACKED,WARS WOULD END...

UNTIL SOME SCIENTIST SAID...OH,IT WAS JUST A FREAK OF NATURE...A PHENOMENON..

AND THEN...WELL...BACK TO LIFE AS USUAL...THE LIFE OF DARKNESS.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------





CAMS EXCELSIOR IS COMING HOME TO KNIGHTSWOOD FARM THIS SATURDAY...RETIRING AT THE TENDER AGE OF 7.

CAMS IS 1 OF OUR RACE HORSES,STABLED AT AND RACING OUT OF NORTHSIDE DOWNS..BUT AS OF THIS SATURDAY...WE ARE JUST GONNA LET HIM BE A HORSE.

CAMS...PREPARE TO BE SPOILED...LOTS OF CARROTS,APPLES,AND HOMEMADE HORSE COOKIES...OH AND LOTS OF MARES TO FLIRT WITH TOO.

HOLD TIGHT CAMS...JUST 5 MORE SLEEPS.

1 comment:

  1. Peace be with you, Bryn! From the Homily was really great, and I believe that is exactly what a lot of people would do. Scientism is the enemy on that front. Esp. when they try to explain away God's miracles. How do they think they got here in the first place???

    That is the sweetest story and the sweetest display of love toward Cams that you all can express. They do get old, and like me, you have to put them out to pasture just to wile away their days as they please. Now, I am not out to pasture yet, but I do things that slap me hard up the side of my head saying "you ARE in that stage of your life. Things are beginning to change." I do I accept them? Just yesterday I was running all over Los Angeles having fun as a girl that weas 20-something ... seems like I dreamed it. It was so long ago.

    I have digressed - send pics of Cams when you bring him to his new home!
    Blessings,
    Abbey

    ReplyDelete