Saturday, September 18, 2010

CELESTIAL DELIGHT FOR A SATURDAY NIGHT

-WATCHED EWTN PROGRAMME ON THE POPE'S RIDE THRU LONDON VIA POPEMOBILE EN ROUTE TO THE EVENING VIGIL AT HYDE PARK.THE CROWDS LINING THE STREETS WERE MASSIVE AND HIGHLY ENTHUSIASTIC.EVEN THE SECULAR PLAGUED BBC CARRIED THE COVERAGE.
THE BEATIFICATION CEREMONIES OF CARDINAL NEWMAN TAKE PLACE TOMORROW.

-SPEAKING OF NEWMAN...HIS POEM/HYMN THAT I LOVE AND HAVE COMMITTED TO MEMORY...

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT
"Lead, Kindly Light," by John Henry Newman (1801-90), was written when Cardinal Newman was in the stress and strain of perplexity and mental distress and bodily pain. The poem has been a star in the darkness to thousands. It was the favourite poem of President McKinley.

Lead, kindly Light, amid th' encircling gloom,

Lead Thou me on,

The night is dark, and I am far from home,

Lead Thou me on.

Keep Thou my feet; I do not ask to see

The distant scene; one step enough for me.



I was not ever thus, nor prayed that Thou

Shouldst lead me on;

I loved to choose and see my path; but now

Lead Thou me on.

I loved the garish day; and, spite of fears,

Pride ruled my will: remember not past years.



So long Thy power hath blest me, sure it still

Will lead me on

O'er moor and fen, o'er crag and torrent, till

The night is gone,

[225]

And with the morn those angel faces smile,

Which I have loved long since, and lost a while.


**************************************************************

-TO MAKE YOU LAUGH...

SHOULD I GET A DOG???













OR SHOULD I HAVE CHILDREN???


2 comments:

  1. BRYN: JUST POSTED THIS RESPONSE TO YOURS RE ASTRONOMICAL EVENTS:

    Bryn, I just posted an urgent message. You can find on YouTube numerous videos of the "spinning sun" in Medjugorje.

    God bless you and pray for all those who have not yet come to conversion.

    In Christ,
    Abbey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful poem...The pictures are priceless...I have no advice to give! ;) Cathy

    ReplyDelete