Tuesday, July 20, 2010

NAME YOUR 3 FAVOURITE PRAYERS MEME...

Breadgirl has tagged me for a Catholic meme. I LUV MEMES...YOU MIGHT CALL ME A MEME JUNKIE.I HAVE SO MANY FAVOURITE PRAYERS...I'LL HAVE TO TRY AND WIDDLE THEM DOWN...
The rules, which need to be posted:
"Name your three most favorite prayers, and explain why they're your favorites.
Then tag five bloggers - give them a link, and then go and tell them they have been tagged. Finally, tell the person who tagged you that you've completed the meme. The Liturgy and the Sacraments are off limits here. I'm more interested in people's favorite devotional prayers."

My three favourite prayers are:

THE LITANY OF HUMILITY...I SAY IT EVERY DAY AFTER MASS...ALONG WITH THE PRAYER TO ST. MICHAEL THE ARCHANGEL.

This prayer was written by Rafael Cardinal Merry del Val (1865-1930), the secretary of state for Pope Saint Pius X. It is a very good daily prayer, especially when recited in front of a crucifix so that we can recall the humility of Christ.
He was accustomed to saying it every day after Mass also.


Litany of Humility

O Jesus! meek and humble of heart, hear me.

From the desire of being esteemed, deliver me, O Jesus.
From the desire of being loved,
From the desire of being extolled,
From the desire of being honored,
From the desire of being praised,
From the desire of being preferred to others,
From the desire of being consulted,
From the desire of being approved,


From the fear of being humiliated, deliver me, O Jesus.
From the fear of being despised,
From the fear of suffering rebukes,
From the fear of being calumniated,
From the fear of being forgotten,
From the fear of being ridiculed,
From the fear of being wronged,
From the fear of being suspected,


That others may be loved more than I, O Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.
That others may be esteemed more than I,
That, in the opinion of the world, others may, increase and I may decrease,
That others may be chosen and I set aside,
That others may be praised and I unnoticed,
That others may be preferred to me in everything,
That others may become holier than I, provided that I may become as holy as I should, O Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.


MY 2ND FAVOURITE IS ACTUALLY A NOVENA ...TO THE HOLY SPIRIT FOR THE SEVEN GIFTS.IT IS SO POWERFUL...To be prayed between Ascension Thursday and Pentecost...BUT I PRAY IT MORE.

The novena in honor of the Holy Spirit is the oldest of all novenas since it was first made at the direction of Our Lord Himself when He sent His apostles back to Jerusalem to await the coming of the Holy Spirit on the first Pentecost. It is still the only novena officially prescribed by the Church. Addressed to the Third Person of the Blessed Trinity, it is a powerful plea for the light and strength and love so sorely needed by every Christian.
GO HERE for this prayer.

I HAVE TO SAY MY NEXT FAVOURITE IS EVERY CHILD'S FAVOUITE...PRAYER TO OUR GUARDIAN ANGEL...BECAUSE I DON'T THINK WE ARE AWARE ENOUGH OF THIS POWERFUL BEING BY OUR SIDE,AND I TRY TO CONSTANTLY REMEMBER THAT.

Guardian Angel Prayer

Angel of God, My Guardian Dear
to whom God's love commits me here.

Ever this day be at my side
to light and guard and rule and guide.

Amen.



TAGGING ABBEY,GRAMMA,MONICA'S TEARS,THE DASH,OLIVIA

6 comments:

  1. All of your favorites are wonderful .... I'm running behind since being out of town ... Grandma K tagged me this morning ... guess I best get busy.

    Love you!
    Abbey ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bryn, I do not know how I can play as I am not a Catholic:)
    Glad you thought of me though. I always loved the Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi though.

    "Oh Lord make me an instrument of thy peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHEW! I'm finished!

    Hugs,
    Abbey ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for including me bryn. I'll get on my memes right away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am just calling back to say "I am done"! Thank you again for including me. I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by to say HI BRYN!

    Love,
    Abbey ♥

    ReplyDelete